In my previous post I talked about the pork in the latest round of bailouts, not to be confused with the spending, er, I mean "stimulus" plan. I mentioned the TARP 1 in a previous post followed by TARP 2, and to be on the lookout for TARP 3. There's rumor on the hill of a second round of stimulus, arguably the TARP 3 I predicted. Ok, so lets get started.
First, President Obama announced during is his address to the nation that he "just signed a bill with 'no earmarks.'" There was very limited, scattered applause to the statement, but more than that there was clearly a good amount of caterwauling and protest by Republicans in the chamber. But that was a tad disingenuous. In fact it was a bit more than a tad disingenuous.
Why? Well because although there was pork and earmarks in that bill, according to the experts, only 60% of it was sponsored by democrats. They say that the other nearly 40% was sponsored by republicans. So as Shakespeare said, "Methinks thou protesteth too much."
As doctor Phil is fond of saying "It's time to get real here..."
Fox News Channel has offered all politicians with pet projects in the recent legislation to come on their station and defend their earmark. Thus far, only two politicians have taken them up on their offer. Congressman Bennett R-Utah defended the Mormon cricket earmark, and Congresswoman Moore, D-WI defended money to Marquette University to develop a program to convert human waste (excrement) to electrical energy or, "Poop To Power." Catchy, eh? The point is, although there's an open offer, only two have had the guts to defend themselves on air. To all the other politicians out there....... we're waiting. Special note to all the other news media, you might want to enter into the arena of journalism and lend a hand to the disclosure by the remaining politicians that need to make a visit to the confession booth.
Senator Chuck Schumer, D-NY went so far as to say the American people don't care. Click this link so you can here him say it for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw
Folks, both democrats and republicans have their hands in the cookie jar here. In fact, it's more than just their hand, they're in all the way up to their elbows. Yet all the while, they're pointing at each other. It's as though they think that if they can yell loud enough about the other guy we'll be oblivious to their own participation in the sham. Put simply, THEY THINK YOU'RE STUPID... Well, are you?
It's nice to see the bump in the stock market, but beware of ANY politician who tries to take credit for anything other than sending it down to the abysmal levels we've seen of late. The subprime mess is still working itself out and although nobody can say for sure, it may have a ways to go before we're out of the woods. For a view of the foxes guarding the hen house, click below:
Are you angry yet? If you're not, you're either blind, dumb, or dead. Or... like Senator Schumer said, you simply don't care.
If you don't care, don't complain. If you do care, commit yourself to actually doing something about it. Learn more. Click here: http://newamericanteaparty.com
And of course, keep visiting here.